Volunteer with the Winners Walk of Hope in support of the Ovarian Cancer Canada and help turn up the volume on ovarian cancer! Join us to help organize this incredible event designed to give a sense of community for those touched by the disease. The Winners Walk of Hope is a family event full of hope and inspiration, it will be a volunteering experience that you will never forget.
Pre- Walk Volunteer Opportunities
February - September 9, 2007
- Join your local Winners Walk of Hope Committee to develop, organize and host the Winners Walk of Hope in your community.
- Office Administration at the OCC office.
- Distribution of flyers and Walk information (visit various community centres, businesses and organizations to distribute information)
- Help OCC recruit participants and teams for the Winners Walk of Hope.
At the Event!
September 9, 2007
- Registration (greet people upon arrival, process their registration)
- Water / Food Stations (distribute food and water to Walk participants)
- Posting Signs along route (ensure the route is well marked for participants)
- Marshalling (coordinate participants and ensure a smooth-running event)
- Cheering and guiding (encouraging those who are participating)
- And much more!
Winners Walk of Hope Wrap Up
September 10 - October 31, 2007
- Office administration in the OCC office
- Walk Follow Up
For more information, please call toll free: 1-877-413-7970 ext 232
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org